I have mucked around with solidity for years but still don’t feel solid.
This month I am coding examples scaffold-eth every day on, https://twitch.tv/thehackerm0m
Today was day 1 and this is what I learned 🧵👇
It takes a long time to clone
•I think I should have done the cooking show technique and pre-downloaded it
But this gave me time to pay closer attention to the solidity contracts
#2: What is the goal?
No cut and paste CODE!
• Week 1 go through the basic exercises
• Week 2 build a staking app on buidl guide
• Week 3 build a dex
- Week 4 code
- bonding curves https://github.com/austintgriffith/scaffold-eth/tree/bonding-curve
This is pretty ambitious — go BIG or go home!
#3: What did we learn today?
The repo is still cloning as we speak, we learned a lot
• 3 types of variables: local, state & global (ie blockchain)
• Gas fee logic (non-linearly related to # of statements & more) — https://dlt-repo.net/storage-vs-memory-vs-stack-in-solidity-ethereum/
• Beanstalk was hacked 🙁
TL;DR: A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step
Today I took one step along with some folks
• We installed the scaffolding-eth repo
• Made a Plan
• Learned some things
Want to learn solidity with me? Follow me @hackerm0m and join on twitch every day this month!
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog